2011/10/23

Spot-breasted Oriole - Icterus pectoralis

click to enlarge
Spot-breasted Oriole - Icterus pectoralis
NF Photo NF Photo 110129 at Solimar

Phew, this photo really gave me trouble. I thought it would be a piece of cake to ID this one. But this was the only shot I have and it is from the back. In my book there are painted images and from the half front-side. And the colors are not good. It took me 2h to get the ID. :(

There are only little written on wiki on this bird. But can be found here: Spot-breasted_Oriole
On youtube

Bird Photography Weekly 165
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 kommentarer:

  1. Beautiful bright colors on the bird.

    SvaraRadera
  2. It is a gorgeous bird, great photo. Have you tried asking for help with id's on the WHATBIRD.Com. They are usually great help.

    SvaraRadera

I love comments so please write something. I usually responds to everyone on their own blogs. But nowadays I often find it impossible to comment on many blogs or on Google+. Often the word verifications is unreadable. And after three times I give up. Other times the systems seems to think I am a spammer. Lots of bloggers loose comments that way. :( So, if you don´t see me comment on your blog that is the reason.