2012/05/15

Blue-gray Tanager - Thraupis episcopus - Sanhaço-de-encontro-branco

click to enlarge


Blue-gray Tanager - Thraupis episcopus - Sanhaço-de-encontro-branco
NF Photo 110206 Manuel Antonio Nat Park

This bird was sooo much fun to watch and this time I was a bit regretting that I was in  group. The group just hurried along refused to enjoy this bird trying to fight off it´s rival. Leaving me to take some snap shots and then to run after them. At least I took some shots, it is a very nice memory.

Weekend Reflections 138
World Bird Wednesday LXXVIII        NatureNotes

More of Costa Rica on my Travel blog and Photoblog

To find links to info and video see the first entry for each bird species.
Search for the birds with Etikettes below or labels - tags on the blogs footer area
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,  ,,, , , , , , ,

11 kommentarer:

  1. Great photos and another interesting bird.

    SvaraRadera
  2. It is kind of cute watching them at the car mirrors. The Blue-Gray tanager is a pretty bird.

    SvaraRadera
  3. How funny! This poor bird may wind up needing some counseling!
    ;-)WBW!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Tiskita Jungle Lodge is one of our favorite places to visit. Corcovada and the forests...the Osa Peninsula....heaven on earth. The bird there are out of this world and Tiskita is a favorite place for British birders. The Tanager is such a pretty bird and your captures are superb. Where were you for your 16 days? We are planing to go back, and if there is another place where we can go out with the birders I would love to know about it. genie

    SvaraRadera
  5. That is so funny to watch a bird challenging itself..We had cardinals that do it here sometimes for hours..I am sorry the group couldn't appreciate it..but I do...Michelle

    SvaraRadera
  6. These are priceless!!! LOL! Funny little bird. Isn't it also funny that the whole group did not want to stay and watch? Their loss though...

    SvaraRadera
  7. Great shots of the bird, poor little thing, going crazy over his image.

    SvaraRadera
  8. Genie, check out my travel blog.

    SvaraRadera
  9. Oh, priceless indeed!! I love that little guy! I can't imagine others in the group not wanting to stop and watch, too???? But like Libby wrote, it's their loss!! Thanks for sharing the fun! Have a great weekend -- I hope the bird has one, too!!

    Sylvia

    SvaraRadera
  10. I will put a giant mirror in my garden to attract the birds.

    SvaraRadera

I love comments so please write something. I usually responds to everyone on their own blogs. But nowadays I often find it impossible to comment on many blogs or on Google+. Often the word verifications is unreadable. And after three times I give up. Other times the systems seems to think I am a spammer. Lots of bloggers loose comments that way. :( So, if you don´t see me comment on your blog that is the reason.