2013/01/08

Snowcap - Microchera albocoronata

click to enlarge

Snowcap, male - Microchera albocoronata 
NF Photo 110210 El Copal Reserve

About Snowcap on wiki also called White-crowned Hummingbirds
youtube video       Photo of female

This will be my last entry to Costa Rican birds. Thanks to everyone who visited this blog and my work here. I managed to shot and identify 196 species during the 16 days I was birding there. And there are some shots too I could not identify. So probably I shot 200 birds. At least. The groups (14 people)  total, seen and/or heard, was 500 species.

Wild Bird Wednesday 26 
More of Costa Rica on my Travel blog and Photoblog To find links to info and video see the first entry for each bird species. Search for the birds with Etikettes below or labels - tags on the blogs footer area.

17 kommentarer:

  1. Awesome! I would love to see these kind of birds! Ha en flott kveld!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Beautiful Humming bird! Lovely shots!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Wonderful capture of the whirring wings! Magical photos!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Beautiful close up!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    SvaraRadera
  5. How wonderful to capture these birds so intricately ... a delight to the eyes.

    SvaraRadera
  6. Beautiful! Love the colors!

    SvaraRadera
  7. Snowcap, what a cute name for the hummer. Wonderful photos!

    SvaraRadera
  8. Ha, ha... En riktig sötnos. Härliga bilder!

    SvaraRadera
  9. Magical and wonderfull color ,greeting from Belgium

    SvaraRadera
  10. Thanks that you visit our blog.
    Beautiful photos!

    SvaraRadera
  11. Very beautiful bird...never seen such kind...Lovely photos...

    SvaraRadera
  12. Wow! You have a lot of links now. But, of course I had to select Costa Rica. My favorite place.

    SvaraRadera
  13. I love the Snowcap! That's one of the birds we're hoping to find in Costa Rica next year!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. o, you are going to CR. You will love it there as I did. :)

      Radera

I love comments so please write something. I usually responds to everyone on their own blogs. But nowadays I often find it impossible to comment on many blogs or on Google+. Often the word verifications is unreadable. And after three times I give up. Other times the systems seems to think I am a spammer. Lots of bloggers loose comments that way. :( So, if you don´t see me comment on your blog that is the reason.