2012/02/26

Tricolored Heron - Egretta tricolor

click to enlarge

Tricolored Heron - Egretta tricolor
 NF Photo 110204  Tarcoles River , Jungle Crocodile safari

I almost felt sorry for the birds at this particular location. I would have left too as this Tricolored Heron does. Lots of crap on the ground. Looks like a trash site. I´ve croped away the worst part. Still there is a tire and other junk stuff laying there.  The good thing was that it was not a common sighting. :(

Nature Notes
World Bird Wednesday LXVII
More of Costa Rica on my Travel blog and Photoblog

To find links to info and video see the first entry for each bird species.
Search for the birds with Etikettes below or labels - tags on the blogs footer area
Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

13 kommentarer:

  1. Love the Tricolored Herons! I'd like to see one in person.

    SvaraRadera
  2. He's a beauty!! Boom & gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    SvaraRadera
  3. I never tire of seeing heron photos.

    SvaraRadera
  4. They give their unfortunate surroudings great beauty!
    Lovely caputures!

    SvaraRadera
  5. Great shots of the tri-colored heron. They are beautiful.

    SvaraRadera
  6. Yeah, I was a little shocked when I punched these up to a larger size and saw all the clutter on the shoreline. That's reality though, even in paradise. Such a spectacular bird too, I think the image makes a good reminder for us to clean up our trashy lifestyles and give these creatures an even break!

    SvaraRadera
  7. Wonderful photos of a lovely bird!

    SvaraRadera
  8. I love the fact that you got him standing still and then taking flight! Thank you!

    SvaraRadera
  9. It's a lovely bird and I like the photo where the bird is taking off or landing. I am so sorry to hear that there was garbage around..I feel sorry for the wildlife...Thank you for linking up to Nature Notes..Have a wonderful week..Michelle

    SvaraRadera
  10. I guess no country is safe from the idiots who pollute! (We sure have our share of them around here.) Your bird pictures are great though, and to be honest, I wouldn't have noticed the pollution if you hadn't pointed it out, because I was so busy looking at the beautiful tri-color.

    SvaraRadera

I love comments so please write something. I usually responds to everyone on their own blogs. But nowadays I often find it impossible to comment on many blogs or on Google+. Often the word verifications is unreadable. And after three times I give up. Other times the systems seems to think I am a spammer. Lots of bloggers loose comments that way. :( So, if you don´t see me comment on your blog that is the reason.